using a different internal hard drive than my original and booting from the new drive with needed files then removing new drive messed up my original

C

CorbinF-D

I started off trying to avoid having to download my friends games when he brought over his oculus rift to my house so we could see how computer handled vr. In order to do this we brought his internal hard drive to my house and used it with my computer then my computer all of a sudden booted using his hard drive instead of mine which was fine for us because he had everything set up on his hard drive so we just went with it. Now after unplugging his internal hdd with windows my ssd with windows which worked fine prior to using his hard drive is now acting weird. It's all weird windows things like these:

-7 of my icons on my desktop, which is not all of them, don't link to anything. they're broken and they also don't have an icon they just have the white page icon thing. By the way all of these shortcuts to programs which no longer work are still in my drive.

+Also my file explorer and chrome pins on my taskbar have done the same thing.

-when I first got file explorer open i had to continue as an admin to get into my libraries like music, videos, and documents. it said i didn't currently have permission even though I am the only admin and user on my computer.

-chrome lost my login and I can't login anymore, i'll press sign into chrome and it just loads and loads and never comes up.

-the mail app is there on my start menu and taskbar and it opens but then closes about 5 seconds later.

+many of the pre-installed microsoft apps don't work and do the smae thing as the mail app. I have tried weather, microsoft store(which doesn't even come up with a window), calender, calculator, alarms & clock, maps, and more i gave up there i don't think any will work.

_when you open these apps they also start blinking on the start menu which i don't think is supposed to happen.

-When i opened the xbox app because one of the missing shortcuts is forza motorsport 7, which I own and downloaded through xbox, It said I had to sign in even though i have obviously done it before. I can press the first sign in then it has me press another sign in button and i can't press it. You can just sit there pressing the button and nothing will load.

+I was gonna disable cortana's internet search thing but it wants me to sign in when i press the notebook thing which i need to press get to the settings so i can disable it. this sign in button also doesn't work i just keep pressing it and nothing happens i have gotten to see an actual loading thing 3 times maybe but it still stays on the same screen.

there could be more wrong but I haven't seen anything else yet.

p.s- i have to drives. a 256 GB ssd which has windows installed on it and a 2 TB HDD with extra random files.

edit: some pre-installed microsoft apps have now started working fo rsome reason like maps and calculator but no mail and alarms and clock and some more.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom