Unable to change ownership or view security settings as admin

G

GeamerOne

I have a game installed on my computer, but today I opened it up and it was unable to update. I googled the error code and it said I did not have access to the game folder. I went to where the files were installed and sure enough, I was unable to delete them (there were three files). I right-clicked on the first one and selected properties. I then went to the security tab to see if I had access to the file, but there was nothing there apart from a message saying "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click advanced to continue." and the advanced button. When I clicked advanced, it said "Unable to display current owner." and "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object." again. Both the "Continue" button and the "Change" button next to the owner resulted in the the line where the owner's name should be disappearing as well as the auditing tab. Everything within both remaining tabs, Permissions and Effective Access, only show the string "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings." So I would like a way to regain control of this folder and delete it, so that I can reinstall the game. I have tried it using cmd like the YouTube tutorials have suggested, but it did not work. I haven't tried it in safe mode yet, but I will soon and update this post when I can.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. (images below)

.1306d902-af16-4b9e-afd0-c7f05c69d6a2?upload=true.pnge2123d03-fea6-4eb5-a6c1-bbe410e9342d?upload=true.png

80c75768-7cc3-4e51-8df2-5404f06fd1b1?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom