DVD (D:) missing from "This PC" & No DVD/ CD-ROM drive in device manager. (With many other issues)

L

L0ST5ILVER

Greetings! This is an extraordinarily complex issue and I will try to cut this as short but as detailed as possible.

Recently I got a game, a pc rom of a game, I put it into the PC and after a few unrelated issues and troubleshooting, I got the game to work, however, during this time, the DVD Drive from this pc would vanish when I tried using the disc, this obviously means that I couldn't use any DVDs or CDs, I searched for a solution online and found one where I had to uninstall the DVD driver, restart the pc and it should work, it did, however it randomly vanished again a few times, warranting me to uninstall it again, until one time where I didn't touch it for a while, I came back and the DVD icon in "This PC" had vanished again, I thought I had solved the issue.

I'm currently at the point now where there is no DVD option in "This PC"

As you can see:

Screenshot

I tried looking for many solutions to this now, but the original method I used didn't work anymore, in fact... I couldn't even try it because DVD and CD rom drive had vanished from the device manager.

Right now there is no DVD icon in "This PC", there is no DVD / CD Rom drive in device manager, and other tutorials told me to remove the controllers from IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, yet the thing they told me to uninstalls doesn't exist: Screenshot

I HAVE GOT HIDDEN DEVICES SHOWN.

Here are all the things I tried:

Windows troubleshooting.

Adding controller0 via Regedit, tried it multiple different ways, adding it manually, using CMD prompt and a few others, rebooted the PC and nothing showed up, not in device manger (Even with hidden devices shown), still no DVD rom, no "Controllers" that were supposed to show up in IDE ATA/ATAPI, nothing.

Uninstalling DVD driver (Before it vanished, this was basically a temporary solution which no longer works

because the DVD drive vanished)

Trying to reinstall the drive from the manufacturer's website (Acer in my case), Failed because there wasn't any DVD / CD rom driver to install in the first place on the manufacturer's website.

So again, I have no DVD (D:) icon in This PC Screenshot

I have no DVD / CD rom drive in device manager Screenshot

Once again, even with hidden devices enabled.

There is also only one option inside of the IDE ATA/ATAPI, not the proposed 3 like I saw in other "solutions".

Here's a quote of what someone said "Delete your IDE controller devices in the device manager, but do not reboot until you have delete all of them. Start at the bottom device and work up. You probably will not be able to delete the top one or two devices without rebooting. Upon reboot your computer should re-detect the controllers and attached device. It should find your CD/DVD ROM drive as one of those attached devices. This worked for me. I hope it works for others."

Big words there, "Devices", "All", "Start from the bottom and work your way up"... There is only one thing under IDE controllers as I've shown already.

Also there were no UpFilters or DownFilters inside of the registry.

I've come here as a last resort because again, the internet has let me down. lol

I sincerely hope somebody can help me, I'm totally unable to run DVDs now and it's making me furious.

Please, please, please can somebody help me out here? It seems like I can't fix a problem without fixing another problem, but to fix that problem I need to fix another problem, and now I'm at a dead end.

Kind regards,

-L0ST

Continue reading...