We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and try again.

E

ETP Rod H

After a recent Windows update, I have been receiving the following error message when trying to check Windows for updates. "We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and try again."

Also, every Microsoft product that uses a web connection tells me that I am not connected to the internet and will not connect.

I have attempted to reset the Windows update process by utilizing the following commands:

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
exit

This process did not work as I am still unable to connect to the web utilizing and Microsoft product. This is keeping me from validating Microsoft software which I have purchased as well.

I am able to utilize any other program or software that needs access to the internet and also browse the internet with no issues, so the connection is working. But for some reason, all Microsoft software thinks I'm not connected to the internet.

Please Help

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom