Game is freezing/rebooting computer.

A

Apexx iPredator

So I have this bizarre issue where one game (Guild Wars 2) seems to cause my computer to either reboot or freeze completely. By default it reboots on system failure. Currently, I have to set not to do that so it freezes. I've had this problem for about 4 months now and the computer was built 6 months ago. I've had support tickets with ArenaNet, Asus, EVGA, Corsair, Intel, and posted on some forums. It has seemed to come down to the conclusion that it is a hardware issue. I was re-directed here to get some event logs deciphered to figure out what is causing this problem. If you need more information let me know.

I only get three errors when this happens.

Kernel-Power 41 (63), Volmgr 161, and EventLog 6008

This is my post that I put on the Guild Wars 2 forum:

Lets see where to begin. Back in February of this year, I built a new computer. I was playing GW2 for about 2 months with no problems. Then out of no where I get hit with the most bizarre problem. At first, while playing the game my computer would just shutdown and reboot (No Error Messages). Upon googling, I disabled a feature to shutdown on failure. Now, my computer just freezes. This only happens on GW2, no other game. I've had many support tickets with ArenaNet, Asus, EVGA, Corsair, Intel, and Microsoft. They've led nowhere which is why I am here now. Most hardware companies that couldn't fix the issue with their hardware blamed it on the game. At the time this started happening, my cpu, gpu, and ram were overclocked. Now its set to factory everything. I've replaced my cpu, gpu, power supply, and cpu cooler. Still no luck. My temperatures and wattage are both running fine. I've played in 32bit, 64bit, windowed mode, lowest settings ,etc. I've re-downloaded the game like 5 times. I've also moved GW2 from a 7200RPM Hard drive to an SSD. This is a random issue too. It could not happen for weeks to happening again as soon as I launch the game. I've run out of things to do. It is just so weird that it only happens with GW2, I just don't understand.

Processor: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz (Stock) with Intel Turbo Boost
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i Liquid Cooler
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 (Tried with stock 2133MHz and XMP Profile of 3600MHz)
MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Latest BIOS)
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
OS HDD: Samsung 960 Pro M.2 - 512GB
GW2 SSD: Kingston V300 240GB

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom