As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me about it and forcing me out of the program.

A

Andrew Irwin

The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the resolution to native once I'm in the game. However, as soon as I launch it or switch Windows, a notification pops up telling me that something's wrong with my resolution/UI scale, covering a good portion of the screen. Interacting with this notification in any way or even waiting a few seconds forces a view change out of the game. This makes it impossible to change the resolution to what it should be.

Note that at the moment, I have all notifications disabled. I don't want this notification and it shouldn't exist. Furthermore, I'm playing in full-screen mode, and the notification shouldn't be able to display over the game.

This is, by far, the most infuriating bug I have ever experienced.

The following link is a video of what's going on. Dropbox - infuriating notifications.mp4

I have two questions:

1. How can I stop this from happening, and why on earth is it happening in the first place?

2. Why didn't disabling all notifications not actually disable all notifications, and I how can I actually prevent all notifications whatsoever from ever appearing in any case?

3. If for some god-forsaken reason I foolishly decide to re-enable notifications, how can I prevent them from appearing over full-screen programs?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom