how i fixed my headphones not working windows 10 home edition 64bit

D

dj23gk

The other day went to listen to a film via headphones only find out that they were not working they worked on radio in kitchen and worked before on my pc

tried windows trouble shooter no success

trouble shooter said all ok with drivers etc but still not working

eventually found link for dell audio driver download after many hours of searching nail biting and cursing

Realtek ALC3234 Audio Driver | Dell UK

copy past link and try it may solve your problem

somehow my laptop had wrong audio driver installed god knows how

reinstalled this audio driver from this link and headphones are back to full working order

Realtek audio driver 6.0.1.7534 no good headphones not working downloaded 6.0.1.7564 headphones working like a dream

did notice on pc had MaxxAudio pro installed must have been installed by dell somehow this software did not work so removed uninstalled it .may be dell installed wrong driver ? when installing MaxxAudio pro ?

need to let other pc users to try this may help a lot of people with headphone problems

don't know if Dell has any test facility function to test headphones and audio driver similar to Microsoft trouble shooter

so dell could run a diagnostic tool on laptop with headphones plugged in so it could run different audio drivers

to see which driver makes the head phones work then once pc owner selects yes box phones working dell installs that driver

Continue reading...