PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE ARE MY BLUETOOTH FILES STORED ON THIS THING

B

BlackSpark

Why is everything in windows 10 so complicated? I lose so much time trying to undertake the simplest task.

Task - Transfer a file from my Android smartphone to my Windows 10 laptop.

I initially connected my smart phone to my pc using a usb cable and of course that didn't work, no sign of my phone or sd card in windows file explorer. You either have to install some additional smartphone transfer program that you got rid of previously because it stop working after a windows update decided that that particular software along with previously good working hardware was no longer "Windows compatible" even though it worked perfectly before the update. So I thought “I know let's go wireless” and just send the file via bluetooth. After a second attempt the file was sent and received successfully. Great........ now where is it?? I tick in "where is my bluetooth files?" in the windows search help box..... no result. I ask the Windows assistant. He She or it cannot help me either and redirects me to the “online windows community”. Here I do find a similar question from 23rd december 2017 and I am not alone. 1320 need an answer to this question. Strangely enough when I tick on the question I get redirected to an answer that was given in 2012 for windows 8. A second attempts leads me to an update in in March 12 2018. Personally I am not impressed with the answer;

You should be able to locate the folder the images are in by typing the file name into the Search bar at the top of File Explorer (This PC).

If the files are not on the C\: drive use the Search bar at the top of any open Window on your other Partitions.

EDIT: Not so easy as I thought, if your setup is as complicated as mine. If you have several sub-folders on a partition,

you may have do do a search in each sub-folder (or maybe it's because I have disabled Indexing ? ) .

eg- I have an HDD with two Partitions. One Partition called General Stuff, has six sub-folders, each with a number of other sub-folder categories.

So if I were to 'loose' something I would have to do a search of each of the six main sub-folders until I find the one with the 'missing' file.

“sub folder partition index thing”??? I just want to open my simple PDF file!!!

I know let me try "Downloads" in explorer, that seems like an obvious alternate place to look even though its not from the web I "Downloaded" it from my phone. Again no success. I check in bluetooth settings..........may be its me but I just can't find any information concerning the default file path or see any possibility to adjust the file path. I am sure I had no problem with this in Windows 7. Its seems like you almost have to be a highly experienced IT savvy to find to be able to use Windows 10 instead of being a very user friendly operating system that knows what you want before you ask and creates default paths that are obvious and logical to the vast majority of non IT users. I don't know if I expect to much from an operating system in 2018 but I honestly would have thought that by now 23 years further on from "Windows 95" that if you tick in the windows help search bar;

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE ARE MY BLUETOOTH FILES STORED ON THIS THING???"

...that it would redirect you immediately to those files while apologising profusely for the inconvenience, delay and the users increased blood pressure value. I am just a humble laymen trying to send, store and open a file on my computer from my phone but instead of being able to accomplish this I have now wasted yet another evening writing a mini blog about .....

"The life a times of an illiterate computer programma picking up the pieces of yet another windows laptop that was inadvertently used as a fly swatter!!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom