Having Problems with Microsoft Family Features and my Browsers

N

NicoQuinto

As the title states, I'm having a frustrating time trying to fix a problem I stumbled upon.

I got a new laptop and was going through setting it up. This is the second day I've had it and I stumbled upon signing into my Microsoft account. I signed in and, after a while, I can't access Google Chrome or Firefox. I haven't checked if there are any other programs that got blocked, but I'm assuming that it didn't block them. If I try to access GC, a window appears stating: "You'll need to ask an adult for your family to use: Google Chrome". If I were to click on the only option given, it states that they're working on it.

This led me to do a little search to find a solution. I first tried to sign out of my Microsoft account on the laptop, but I couldn't find the option to (I may be blind or I just didn't look hard enough). My next attempt was to look it up on Google in which others were having the same problem. I tried to change my age on the account (didn't matter, I'm already older than 18 anyway); leave my original family (one that I didn't know I was in); and form a new family with an alternate account (with my main as a child), re-change the restrictions (ones that were already off), and leave that family. None of these worked. I don't think I've tried everything, but I've hit a point where I'm stuck.

TL,DR: I'm having problems with the family features on my laptop. I'm over 18 years of age, I'm not in a family and, I don't have any restrictions on my account. Help.

Edit: I guess I can't access Nexus mods w/o signing in either...

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. If someone else already posted an answer to this, a link (instructions optional) would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...