Not able to enter any key except i,tab and caps lock on Windows 10 Startup password box

• Thread starter Utkarsh Thakare
  • Start date
U

Utkarsh Thakare

Hi All,

I am not able to enter any keys in password box of windows 10 except i,caps lock and tab.

I tried running on screen keyboard to solve this issue but typing on on screen keyboard did nit populate any thing in the password box.

I am also not able to populate the three options for restart sleep and shudown on clicking power button on startup screen.

I went to advanced startup screen by holding down power key on keyboard in between the windows 10 loading screen twice.

In advanced troubleshooting option I could not recover the pc as needed password which i couldnt enter there too due to this isuue.

Safe mode didnt help either as this issue persisted there too.

I tried opening a command prompt in troubleshoot advanced options and found out that each key was pressed with ctrl key held down even though it wasnt.

Could anyone please help me with this issue?

This issue has happened before but used to get resolves by itself but now it has been happening to me for two weeks.

Note: I dont think the problem is with keyboard as the on screen keyboard and usb keyaboard both could nit resolve this issue.for me.

Could anyone please help asap?

Thanks!

Continue reading...