This is the solution to install apps in Microsoft store if sign in will not work (if it will not even let you try to sign in with a Microsoft account

M

Matt_Rb

I (about a week back) had a problem with not being able to install any app in the Microsoft store (on Windows 10).

(And I was not able to even try to sign in with a Microsoft account to see if that would make a difference. - Not because I do not have a Microsoft account, but rather because no login dialog would ever show up at all.)

I later found the solution to my problem.

The service named " Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant " was disabled and needed to not be disabled.

I set it to automatic instead. And the problem is solved now (I can install apps again.).

I had (most likely) disabled it at some time further back (shortly after first getting my new pc) as I do not like that (some parts of) Windows 10 want to (or at least are designed to possibly be able to) integrate with my online Microsoft account login, as I prefer to use an offline account (on my pc) exclusively, for a few different reasons.

The good thing is that apps (that are installed already) seem to work if the service is set to disabled.

Hope this helps someone else, as it was very frustrating until I figured it out.

(And the errors being generated were of absolutely no aid in figuring out where to look for the solution!)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom