How I seeming resolved Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : ESIF(8.1.10600.150) TYPE: ERROR

S

Sonya L

First of all please be aware that I am not entirely certain the issue is resolved but so far so good.

First I'll explain the events that happened before I started experiencing this thing, first my laptop battery died and then windows updated. After these two events every single time I attempted to multitask my laptop fan would be loud for a few seconds then the thing would just go black entering a sleep state. After a while I looked in eventviewer and found this Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : ESIF(8.1.10600.150) TYPE: ERROR. So I did a search and no resolution. I initially assumed it was a heat issue (thermal sounds like it would be right?) so I ignored it as long as it wasn't happening but then it started again and numerous times a night actually to the point that as soon as I logged back in the laptop would go into sleep instantly.

So I started looking for a solution again and came across an answer in HPs questions stating Microsoft said a bad battery could cause this. Bingo bad battery that had to be it right? So finally purchased a new battery installed and even uninstalled the battery from device manager, but still I was facing the issue, ran all the diagnostic tests everything come back clean but still when my AV scan started poof my laptop went to sleep in fact it went to sleep 3 times by the time my drive was 7% scanned. I went and signed up to the intel forums asking for a resolution but got nothing, well yesterday attempting to resolve a battery issue on a family members laptop I think I stumbled onto my solution.

First I found a suggestion of using cmd and running a command to reset power schemes to default I tried that but got a message "invalid command" so scratch that... Then I found someone saying that their laptop was not reading their battery and they did everything I already done PLUS.. They uninstalled the ACPI Fixed Feature Button (device manager, system devices) and restarted the pc, so I decided to give this a try. I opened device manager uninstalled the ac adapter (again) and the battery (yep again) then I went ahead and uninstalled the ACPI Fixed Feature Button and the laptop rebooted.

About 17 hours 3 full virus scans having been run, several browser tabs open at a time and still haven't had the issue. I currently have 5 tabs, a full scan, device manager and event viewer all open (I couldn't even open notepad and have 3 browser tabs open at a time without the pc entering sleep even this time yesterday). Anyway I hope this might help anyone else that has not found a resolution.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom