Cannot switch between project screen to TV back to dual monitor setup using hotkeys

C

c.liu

A very specific problem here. Recently, I upgraded my old monitors (connected by DVI if that helps) to newer monitors (that use displayport). My setup is a dual monitor setup connected to a TV, so 3 screens. I also have 2 audio sources, speakers connected to the computer itself, and a soundbar attached to the TV. My graphics card is a GTX 1060 TI, and everything was working great.

For visual reference, from left to right, it's: Monitor1, Monitor2, TV3

I usually have 2 modes of operation:

1 - Computer mode: Dual monitor setup where Monitor1 is my main display, Monitor2 is extended, and TV3 is off.

2 - TV mode: Monitor1, Monitor2, and TV3 are all on and TV3 is my main display. If TV3 isn't the main display, the video lags, and that's a known issue with graphics cards, where the fix is to make the TV the main display.

Anyways, the issue is that after upgrading my monitors, I can't get the shortcut to switch between configurations. Before, I could use the hotkey Win+P and "extend the display" to all 3 screens to use the TV, and once I was done and wanted to go back to computer mode, I had a shortcut to go back to "extend to second monitor". Now after the upgrade, that option is replaced with "Second screen only". Even worse, I couldn't get it fixed in Windows, so I fiddled around with the NVIDIA settings before I gave up and attempted to reset options to default. It's such a shame because now I have to open the display settings and change 3 configuration settings every time I transition from TV mode to computer mode where previously it was just a keycombo and a click.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom