User ID w/admin disappeared from public Win 10 system - I've got other IDs but w/o admin. How to recover?

H

Hula_Baloo

I've suddenly lost the ID I used to set up my laptop, the one that had admin privileges. I haven't made any ID changes nor deleted any accounts. Since the remaining ID I have doesn't have admin privileges, I'm in need of assistance in recovering. I haven't personally deleted ANYTHING, and nobody else has access to my laptop. I suspect that this started when

Things I've tried include attempting to restore from a backup I made with Macrium Reflect a week ago when things were working, doing a search here, and booting to the secondary system admin account, but haven't had any success so far. The system having this problem is a Dell Inspiron 5559 hlaptop with Win 10 Home 64 bit.

FWIW here's what's happened with the above 3 scenarios. The Macrium CDs and USB flash , drives fail to boot with a "Windows failed" BSOD, The searches I did returned with hits for different situations from mine. And booting to the secondary system admin account gets me to an administrative command prompt, but SFC and DISM commands fail to work.

I am able to do all the normal user things like opening browsers and email clients (Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail), but anything requiring administrator authority I can't do.

Any tips or guidance will be most highly appreciated! TIA

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom