Issues with no internet connection at all.

Y

-Yoonity

For the past month or so, I've been experiencing connection problems on my laptop. As I use the internet, the F12 key on my keyboard turns orange and I am suddenly not able to connect to any networks at all. When I run the troubleshooter, it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable despite having a wireless adapter/connection.

I have tried methods such as:

• uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter, then rebooting my laptop - in some cases it has worked, however the connectivity problem arises again shortly after I start using the internet.
  • installing a driver using the Windows Recovery Manager - I'm not really sure whether this works or not, as the times I have tried this ended up with a force restart = the blue screen with the sad face. After that restart, the problem gets fixed, but again after only a short time the problem returns.
  • updating the adapter driver - I have done this through searching automatically for updated driver software (when I do so, it says it's up to date) and browsing my computer. Overall, there are no changes when I do this.

When I am connected to the internet and when I believe that my problems have been solved, I lose connection from time to time and I am met with the message "The default gateway is not available." after troubleshooting, which ends with a reset of the adapter and gets fixed. However, it occurs multiple times, ending with the problem I've mentioned before.

Any help with hopefully a permanent solution will be appreciated. Thank you.

Continue reading...