Malfunctioning Windows 8 PRO and Office 2007/ Outlook Express

U

unicorn33108

Hi, several months ago, I purchased a sealed Windows 8 PRO 32 Bit CD from a local shop and ever since I installed the Disc I have encountered several problems with my computer, a Dell Vostro 220. The fist problem to manifest was with Outlook Express Emails. Each time I tried to send an email with an attachment the recipient either did not receive the message, or it ended up in their Spam folder. I then started to have problems with Windows Updates, as each time the PC finished downloading an update, a message flashed up saying (Failure Error 0XC190010F English UK ESD Bundle Parent). Other Failure Messages showed as 0X80246013 and KB2960837. After the Failure Message displayed, the computer froze and then the downloaded Updates started to reverse unload and tied up my PC for about an hour or more.

Another problem that manifested is with Outlook Express Mail. When I try to click on a Link on an email, I get the following window message displayed - (This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System administrator.). Recently I received several phone calls claiming to be from "Windows Tech. Department" saying that they have detected a fault on my computer and asking me to access and change settings on my PC. As I could not verify the actual identity of the caller, I would not deal with them and asked them to sent me instructions through Windows messages, if they wanted me to change settings on my PC. After the third call from this unidentified source, which I hung up on, my computer suddenly became erratic and my Mozilla Firefox App. was blocked, as it would only show a page with a small message "windows ID = main - window", instead of the usual Google Page. I deleted the old Firefox and downloaded a fresh version, but it also was blocked from opening. I also noticed that access to Windows Help was also blocked on one occasion. I reloaded Windows 8 PRO and Microsoft Office 2007, but to no avail, as all the problems are still in place. I ran several security scans and anti spyware programs, which detected nothing unusual and I ran Windows Diagnostic several times with the same negative result.

Several months ago I returned the Windows 8 Pro Disc to the shop and asked them to verify with Microsoft Windows that the program was a valid copy with the correct Licence. The Manager told me the following week that he had phoned Microsoft and they said that the 8 Pro Disk was a valid licensed program.

I would be most grateful if you can advise me on the cause of this very annoying and obstructive situation.

kind regards,

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom