Occasionally, computer will glitch out after reaching desktop, after booting up.

S

Snydrex

So, I have an odd problem that doesn't happen all the time.

Sometimes, after I boot up, the computer will reach the desktop, and none of the startup applications will run. And when I try to place my cursor on the toolbar, the cursor will gain a small loading circle next to it, except the circle will be frozen and not moving. NOT the cursor. I can still move the mouse, every time this has happened.

Interacting with the toolbar or the start menu will not work well, as the icons will be frozen and the search bar will not come up with results that can be seen. Shutting down or restarting does not work either, though I can open up the shut down menu and choose to restart, shut down, or sleep. Clicking them does nothing, though. The problem is normally solved through turning off the computer via the power button.

Steam, Discord, both are set to booting automatically on startup, but neither do, and although I can still use my computer in a limited sense (I could check the event logs, open the task manager, etc) it's annoying. I haven't had much time to test what I can and cannot do with it, as I cannot predict when it happens, but it would be nice to know what causes it.

The event viewer was stuck on a certain error that reads:

Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.

Device AAD joined (AADJ or DJ++): Not Tested

User has logged in with AAD credentials: No

Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled:Not Tested

Local computer meets Windows Hello for Business hardware requirements: Not Tested

User is not connected to the machine via remote Desktop: Yes

My specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350-Gaming 3-CF
Graphics
T22B350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA)
Storage
111GB SanDisk SDSSDA120G (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 (SATA )

Continue reading...