Cluster File share witness failed frequently

• Thread starter NarendranKandasamy1
  • Start date
N

NarendranKandasamy1

I have Windows 2012 2 node fail over cluster and File share witness configured. File share witness frequently goes offlin and triggers this events. When I check the File share witness its accessible. Its coming online when I manually bring online. This continues frequesntly and create the tickets. Please suggest a solution

EveNT ID 1052
File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (2)' failed a periodic health check on file share '\\server\FileShareWitness'. Please ensure that file share '\\server\FileShareWitness' exists and is accessible by the cluster.

EveNT ID 1069

Cluster resource 'File Share Witness (2)' of type 'File Share Witness' in clustered role 'Cluster Group' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

EveNT ID 1564
File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (2)' failed to arbitrate for the file share '\\Server\FileShareWitness'. Please ensure that file share '\\server\FileShareWitness' exists and is accessible by the cluster.
EveNT ID 1205
The Cluster service failed to bring clustered role 'Cluster Group' completely online or offline. One or more resources may be in a failed state. This may impact the availability of the clustered role.

EveNT ID 1254
Clustered role 'Cluster Group' has exceeded its failover threshold. It has exhausted the configured number of failover attempts within the failover period of time allotted to it and will be left in a failed state. No additional attempts will be made to bring the role online or fail it over to another node in the cluster. Please check the events associated with the failure. After the issues causing the failure are resolved the role can be brought online manually or the cluster may attempt to bring it online again after the restart delay period.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom