How to remove Malware for good - Win32 MacTray

N

NGOct 2018

Hi guys,

I have the following issue:

1. Someone has found a way to gain access to my outlook account and send out weird emails with dodgy attachments. My account was duly blocked. When trying to unblock it I found out that a rule was created, according to which all incoming and outgoing emails were directly sent to the folder Deleted. This Rules have been removed and the password for outlook was changed several times. The account is now unblocked but I was urged to perform a malware scan on my notebook, in order to exclude potential local security breach.

2. I used Microsoft Safety Scanner to identify potentially malicious files and malware on my notebook. Indeed, a malware was found - MacTray. According to the scan results the malware files were 'partially removed' by the scanner program. Additionally, I have deleted the respectively named files from their pertinent locations and also removed them from the Startup category in System Config. Nevertheless, I performed two more searches with Microsoft Safety Scanner - one finished just now - and I keep getting the same results - malware found out and 'partially removed'. Please advise me how I can finally get rid of these malware files for good?

Thanks!

Niko

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom