Inconsistent LiveKernelEvent 141 Short Freezes While Playing Specific Game (Rocket League)

T

TylerWoodard1

Hello,

I have been dealing with a very peculiar and inconsistent issue for quite a while, and couldn't find a solution for it on these forums, so I thought I would make a post about it.

While using a specific application, Rocket League, I sometimes get short freezes which I can fix by Alt-Tabbing the game out of focus, and then alt-tabbing back in. The rate at which these occur seems entirely random. Some days I won't have the issue happen at all, others it will happen every 5 or so minutes. This is, of course, very frustrating so I have tried to fix this issue many times.

I have discovered that when the issue occurs, a problem report is saved within Windows Problem Reporting and Event Viewer. It describes the problem as a Hardware Error, which seems very strange to me considering the only time I EVER have this issue is while playing this specific game.

The error code is code 141, or LiveKernelEvent. I will re-paste the Event Viewer Log from one of these errors here.

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 141
P2: ffffd10fde1b3010
P3: fffff808f963b664
P4: 0
P5: 14ac
P6: 10_0_17134
P7: 0_0
P8: 768_1
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20181009-0003.dmp
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-96920687-0.sysdata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF22B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF24B.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF24A.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF25B.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_141_f36a714fdd7911c539352f445be6d487856844f7_00000000_cab_2ee6f334

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f707f6ea-9d52-4da0-a22a-0e8bc0392eea
Report Status: 2049
Hashed bucket:
Cab Guid: 0

Something important I want to clarify is that I only have to deal with a short, temporary freeze, fixed by alt tabbing in and out of the game (although this is pretty slow as it can take a couple of tries). It does not actually crash my computer, or the program itself.

Now, a description of what I have already tried in an effort to fix the issue. I have:

Reinstalled Windows 10 using the built-in re-installer (I kept my files while doing this)

Reinstalled the actual game that ends up causing the issue

Fully Reinstalled my graphics card drivers.

Restarted the computer while the issue has been occurring.

Run both sfc /scannow and chkdsk. Neither found any issues.

Stopped all programs except those that shouldn't cause any issues, things like discord and steam are allowed to run while playing the game. (Issue still occurs without discord, and steam is required)

My PC Specs:

i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz

16 GB Ram

GTX 770

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

If possible, I would rather not Re-install windows without keeping my files.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom