I seriously think i got scammed. I need help

L

LoisyF.

Ok so my problem is I think I got scammed. I got a call from an 800 number I didnt answer but they left a message they said they noticed illegal activities on my computer/account I didn't do anything and i got scared so i called them back they saif my computer had a Trojan on it and that I was getting hacked they scanned my computer and found a foreign address saying it was somewhere in Russia and that i was in danger. My parents weren't home at the time so I didn't know what to do he asked me to download goassist from fastsupport.com I think. He took remote control of my computer and told me I had to download/buy a security system he said since he wasn't a scam he couldn't take my credit card and that I had to go to cvs or something and buy a prepaid card.

My parents weren't home and i don't have a bank account plus I couldn't walk down to the store so I was out of options he suggested I give him some info and to call back on Monday we didn't have time to waste my identity was in danger. He shut down my computer gave me all numbers that I could reach him on and told me to not use my computer til Monday because they don't work on Sunday was this a scam?

After I got off the phone and put my laptop away I got on my phone and deleted all saved passwords history and everything I could think of.

I talked to a Microsoft agent later they told me it was a scam anf i deleted and uninstalled all the things he downloaded on my computer but I'm worried he seemed nice and genuine I font have a security system so its possible i got hacked I'm a high schooler and i guess i was easily convinced but could it be true is my identity stolen?

Continue reading...