PCIe network card crashing computer

N

NathanHeurich

Hi all,

Issue : 10/28/2018
I'm trying to get my asus PCE-AC88 card working. I can boot to windows and the card works. Within a few minutes I get a blue screen of death. The screen doesn't even last long enough for me to catch the error code and the pc restarts. This will be an endless loop. I have tried all available pcie slots. The only other slot used is my top 16x which has my praphics card.

Odd piece of info, will the pc is shut off plugging in the wifi card to the pcie slot will cause the pc to turn on. Plugging it in while the pc is off and power supply switch is turned off it will still try to turn on. And the only way to get device manager to recognize the card is to plug it in while the pc is off, and the power plug is unplugged from the power supply.

I thought it may be an IRQ issue but I unplugged my graphics card and used the on board graphics to test. This issue persisted. Additionally I tried disabling the onboard wifi both in windows and the bios in case it was in conflict with that but this was not a solution.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the network adapter as well as reinstalled windows...no luck.

My build:
I7 8700k
Asus strix z370 mobo
Nvidia gtx 1080ti
64gb corsair vengeance
Asus pce88 pcie network adapter.
Windows 10 64bit

Update 10/29/2018
I checked the reliability monitor and the only information provided says "windows was not shutdown properly"

Checking the event log I am seeing
Event ID 10016 DistributedCOM
"the application-specific permission setting gs do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application to with CLSID"

I am unfamiliar with this and not sure if it is related.

I also download bluescreenview to capture the minidump files but nothing shows up. Not files get logged. I believe this is due to what I mentioned before. The BSoD appear but only for 1 second before restarting. No information is collected.

I updated my bios to the latest version and am still having the same. Issue

After reading about stability issues with the ac68 I came across an issue with the drivers using the Broadcom chipset. I have rolled back my driver to the original release
Version 2.8.0.3 from the asus website
And in driver details. In device manager it shows version :1.558.48.0
Copyright is still to Broadcom and still causing me issues.

In event viewer I'm also seeing:
Event ID 7026
"the following boot start or system start drivers did not load : dam"

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom