Windows10 "Main PC" can access File Sharing of two PC's, but they cannot access Main

T

Tricov

As the title suggests, we have three computers in a small office, all on the same Workgroup. file sharing rarely works.

At first we couldn't see (The two secondary PC's) the Main PC, but the Main PC could see our computers in the Network and could access our files.

Yesterday I've been looking for some solutions and came across the Installing SMB 1.0 client, I also started some services that were on manual and weren't running such as Function Discovery Resource Publication and UPnP Device Host.

After I started those services I could see the Main PC, and even accessed it, but day after I couldn't access it.
Now I can just see it in the Network and ping is fine, but get message "The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer. "

however I did netstat -a -n and all computers are listening on port 445. I even turned off firewall on all computers but then I get "The device or resource (BESTIJA) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".

I have read this thread and it's a similar issue, but no solution is made:

Win 10 Network Error "The device or resource (PC Name) is not set up to accept connections on Port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)"."

Please help, if you need files from the windows diagnostic tool, I'll provide it.

Thanks

Continue reading...