My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it

S

SamsonBark

For the past month or so after a windows 10 update my headset microphone on my computer now also picks up output sounds that it defintely shouldnt be (even when i mute my mic with the little control on the headphone cord it does it, so its not me having my headphones too loud).

I cannot hear the echo personally through my headset, but when on discord, if I'm in a call and watching a youtube video on my computer, if the video gets loud (going above the mic sensitivity threshhold) anyone in the call can hear it. Also if I'm recording/streaming on OBS, I can hear a faint echo created from this bug.

I've tried all different kinds of fixes: uninstalling and reinstalling realtek audio drivers (seeing thats the one my computer uses for my output and I can't seem to change them to nvidia), disabling stereo mix, turning stereo mix volume all the way down to 0, unchecking every single "listen to this device" option on all my sound devices, etc etc.

The only possible fix left that I can think of is changing my speaker drivers from realtek to nvidia ones (which I personally have no idea how to do and couldn't find anything regarding it online).

Could someone please help me figure this out, its really infuriating me.

Specs:
Windows 10, up to date
Nvidia 960M graphics
Intel i7-6700HQ
16G ram
64-bit operating system with x64-based processor

Headphones are Logitech G433, which outputs to a single cord, that plugs into a splitter, putting them into seperate audio in and out plugs.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom