Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise

D

David Langer

I upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise to 1809. Prior to the upgrade, with the latest revisions to 1803, I was able to print perfectly.

I print to a Dell 3110cn Network Printer and i print directly via IP address. Once I upgraded to 1809, the system can poll the printer, but when i try to print a test page, I receive a message, Test Page failed to print.

I tried uninstalling the driver and installing other drivers from Dell, including their Open Printer Driver. The Open Printer Driver install, detects my printer model by IP Address and adds it, but no documents will come out. If I uninstall 1809 and go back to 1803, all is fine. I even tried installing it as a local printer and then added the printer's IP address as a port. Inside the driver, it can communicate with the printer and poll it.

I also disabled my Norton Security 2019 firewall to no avail.

I ran sfc /scannow and there are no issues. I removed all Dell Printers and tried to look for the drivers using Windows Update. This printer is not listed in Windows Update.

The printer troubleshooter is absolutely useless; it cannot find any issues. PDF Printing works fine. My Nuance PDF printing works perfectly; it will not work with this Dell printer. I also have this Dell printer set as a network printer running from my File Server. That does not work either. Need to know what to do to get this printer working. I don't want to have to purchase a new printer as it works perfectly with my other machines running 1803 and my Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...