Upgraded to 16GB of RAM and added an SSD - now Windows 10 is rebooting constantly with errors!

R

Rory73

DELL Inspiron 15 5570 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor, RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD

I've added; Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Memory and a Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive.

I bought this Laptop a year ago (on the 27/11!!). To be honest, I have not really used it as I hate the Windows 10 platform (far prefer 7), but I recently bought the extra RAM and the SSD and decided to start using it. The issue seems to be cause by the upgrade of RAM from 8 to 16 (althought this machine should support it). When I initially opened it, the 8GB of RAM that was in it (kingston 8gb 1rx8 pc4-2400t-sa1-11) was in slot DIMM B. I've tried both 8GBs separately, in both slots, and there are no crashes (although there are over 17k WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 warnings in the Eventviewer (and I think these must have been happening before I did the upgrade as they are still occurring when I take it back to 8 GB of RAM).

As soon as I put the second 8GB in and restart, the crashes start happening - they have all kinds of different stopcodes - one of them is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I phoned Currys (who I purchased it from) and obviously my warranty is now out of date by 2 days....

I tried to do a Windows 10 Reset - but that failed. I've run multiple checks - the Dell Supportassist checks on all the Hardware, but everything is passing. I've looked through the forums and tried many solutions, but nothing is resolving the issues.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Rory

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom