What are these Microsoft processes often using 100% of my CPU, memory and hard drive for?

A

AdamJason

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Runtime Broker
Windows Shell Experience Host
Search
wsappx
ntoskrnl

The abovementioned apps, along with several other Microsoft processes, frequently slow down my computer, using 100% of my cpu, memory, or hard drive depending on the app.
No more, no less, 100%.
All of these processes are only actively destroying my job as an animator when I'm connected to the internet. When the laptop is offline, there are no problems.

The second I open task manager, the offender usually pipes down and stops using all the resources it can get its greedy fingers on.
This has been happening since I bought my laptop in June, and while I've found fixes by scanning through thousands upon thousands of forums with process specific issues, I have never encountered a solution when multiple apps are causing issues.
That being said, most of the solutions available on forums are not truly fixes, many people report that even after a clean boot, the offenders continue causing problems.

I have used Windows Defender, Bitdefender Total Security, Spybot S&D and the terrible Avast pack that initially came with the laptop at different times, online AND offline, to thoroughly scan and check my computer for any sorts of viruses. There is no trace of anything suspicious at all, this computer is clean.

My question is this : Why are these apps using high resource values in the background, avoiding me the second I open task manager to check on them? Why are they only happening when I'm connected to the internet?

This feels awfully malicious and I want to understand rather than immediately jump to conclusions, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My current system :
Asus FX503VD Laptop
Intel Core-i5 8th gen kaby-lake cpu, base frequency 2.4GHz
7200rpm 1 TB HDD
8GB default DDR4 RAM
Intergrated graphics card
Nvidia GTX 1050 OC edition

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom