Stuck with the "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." issue

D

DanielScholzCH

I have now two occurrences of this problem and there seems to be no way to resolve it. I already checked all information on the Internet and did all troubleshooting and uninstall / install operations - nothing helped. But let me describe the issue:

1. With the Logitech Mouse M705:

It suddenly stopped working and I noticed the "Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match" in the USB Composite Device properties. I changed to another Logitech Mouse with another remote adapter and this worked for a while until it got the same issue. And so I changed to yet another mouse with a cable connection and this works as of now.

2, With an ASUS external display connected via HDMI

This happened last night while using the display. The display stopped working after using it for a couple of hours in the middle of a Karaoke party. I checked the event viewer and noticed that there was some automatic WIndows Update going on at the time it stopped working. I still can connect the device and Windows recognizes the device but nothing is displayed. And of course the "Generic PnP Monitor" device has this crazy "was not migrated" issue. When I open the "Advanced Display Settings" I can see both displays listed. As you might guess the mouse workaround by buying new mice would be too costly for displays.

Note that all my drivers are up to date including the Intel drivers and the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050, which is listed for the malfunctioning display.

The system is a Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1803.

Here the event for the display:

Device DISPLAY\ACI24FA\5&aaea2d5&1&UID4352 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\LGD0590\4&223d200f&0&UID0

Class Guid: {4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F100

Present: false

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom