Windows 10 Pro x64 Blue Screening after I replaced the motherboard, but, kept the CPU, RAM, GPU, and storage

M

Microsoft Rocks___

After I received my new motherboard in the mail, an ASUS M5A97 R2.0, I decided to take out the old Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 that was having issues with the USB ports shutting off for no reason and other issues, such as the PCI-e x1 slot getting covered by my GPU's heatsink and fan combo, placed the originally installed hardware (CPU, GPU, and RAM) on the motherboard, and it started without issues, and I also activated Windows successfully using my old Windows 8 Pro key that I have. However, I've hit a couple of snags (Blue Screens) that made a major setback. I have the minidump files available on my OneDrive as well for you to look at.

What I did was the sfc /scannow and it repaired the key components, tested the RAM (passed without issues), and the chkdsk /f /r and chkdsk /f on the SSD since the OS gave me an NTFS FILE SYSTEM error using the recovery CD that I burnt using my ASUS X54C laptop that's also running Windows 10 Pro x64. I also checked the two 1TB HDDs that I have installed (SSHD and the HDD) to find and fix any errors, and they both passed or got the errors fixed.

In case you need the specs, here you go:

Case: Ultra Wizard ULT31580 Blue case with the front bay door and the key (I have 4 of these, but, one got misplaced)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 (AMD 970 northbridge chipset)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 6-core 3.5GHz

RAM: 12GB DDR3 (1x 4GB, 1x 8GB)

PSU: Antec 650W ATX PSU

HDD0: SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (OS drive)

HDD1: Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSHD

HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (9 years old and it still works, but, I'm planning on backing up the data just in case)

ODD0: LG Blu-Ray RE drive

ODD1: LG DVD burner

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GT730

Monitor0: Samsung SyncMaster 215BW (DVI) and ASUS VK222H (HDMI)

Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Surrond 5.1 Pro USB

Speakers: Altec Lansing 2.1 channel speakers (has 2 sound inputs)

Input: Razer Naga mouse and Razer Hex multi-colored LED keyboard, Logitech RumblePad 2 for older PC games, and the Xbox One S controller for Xbox-related games, such as Fortnite

Networking: D-Link AC1200 USB and ASUS BT400 USB for the Xbox One S controller and other devices

Here are the blue screen names, according to the Blue Screen Viewer application and I named them as well in case you need to look into it:

1) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (fixed using the sfc /scannow command and changed the page file for the SSD from 5GB to 40MB for longer lasting)

2) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (fixed using the sfc /scannow command)

3) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (not sure how that happened)

What could be the issue here? Should I download the drivers from ASUS's website for the motherboard to help resolve this issue, or do I need to do something else? I cannot update the drivers for my video card since the latest one doesn't support a 3-year old GPU and my plan is to buy a GTX 1050Ti or higher for gaming. Thank you very much for helping me out here. This hardly happens on my desktop as my laptop is the one that's having more issues not going to sleep or loading properly (motherboard circuits aren't that great and I'm planning on replacing the board, RAM and HDD cover, CPU, and other stuff, such as the heatsink fan combo). Other than that, I'm happy at how fast and quick my system is now since the old board had SATA2 and the new one has SATA3.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom