This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the monitor, how do I get rid or them/opt out of updates?

O

OliviaMagnusson

Look, I've tried to be patient with windows updates. I don't like them, I don't need them, and I don't want them. But I put up with them. And now I can't find anywhere to log official complaints (so I will be doing so here).

This is the last straw: the new windows update messed up my computer, I've lost 3 jobs because I use photoshop and other similar software platforms as a digital artist and due to being unable to opt out of those updates, and now it's screwed with the entire display system. I have funky (thin, white) horizontal lines everywhere, I have colour distortion and finally, I get "drag-lines" on everything - even what I'm writing now - everytime I click a button on either my mouse or keyboard.

I've reset my monitor, I've reset my desktop, I've fiddled with both various display systems. Nothing has changed. The only option left is to revert to a previous backup which will I will then lose most of my work. I've already had to do this previously because of the forced updates - I had to take my desktop to an independent source to stop it from doing a restart loop just so I could log in!

So I have 2 questions:

1. How can I opt out of the awful forced updates?
  2. How do I get rid of my display problem?

I am seriously considering switching to apple because of these forced updates continually screwing with my computer, so please consider the 1st the most important question. I'd rather lose all my work to restart on an Apple computer than deal with any more of these "updates".

Thanks for reading my rant, I'm in literal tears of frustration at this point, even reading my emails are a headache (let alone typing this).

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom