hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

D

DonnieWaid

I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and thought that would be cool. But after doing this, was not happy so deleted it. In doing so deleted both my H and G drives. I did everything I could think of to get them to be seen by my computer to no avail. I have Win10 so by right clicking on the window in the left lower corner of the screen, it was easy to get into my Disk management and Device manager. But no matter what I did could not get Disk management to see my other 2 Hard Drives. I went out to my BIOS, CMOS and there they both were. In my device manager they also showed up as healthy disks. So no matter what I did, my hard drives showed up in device manager and bios but not in disk management with windows 10.

Well after several hours and several prayers, I got the idea to go to Western Digital who makes my hard drives and down loaded 3 programs. The one that fixed my problem was, Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

Do check your SATA wires and power cords first of course.

The Fix

After checking your SATA wires and power cords.

Go to the, Western Digital web site.

Down load, Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

It is going to ask permissions and you will have to agree.

Then it will find all the drives on your PC.

Go to the Drives your Disk management does not see.

Highlight one of them and do a complete simple quick format.

Then restart your PC, at least that's what I did, maybe you don't need too.

Right click on your Start Window.

Double click on disk management and your should see your drive there.

Do a simple format.

Assign a drive letter.

And your all set.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom