DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties

M

mufaya13

DNS Issues Start Out of Nowhere, And Gets Fixed When I Open Ethernet Properties
which already is written as title.

when my dns issue begins, I'm able to continue playing games and speaking from voice call that already started before the issue starts. but I won't be able to open new pages from chrome, see/type new messages from discord. it has been going on for more than a 2 months. This only happens on my pc just in the currently installed windows 10 I'm using right now. I had windows 8 in my other drive and I tested it for some hours, it was fine. it may have been just luck tho I'm not sure.

from what I can remember, I tried letting windows reinstall my ethernet driver, manually downloading and installing some of the latest ethernet drivers, tried repair install for my windows 10 with another usb (my windows 10 is in an update loop for some 5 months I guess, may be more... not sure), switched my ethernet ipv4 properties to both auto and also tried manually using google dns servers (8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4) and for ip address I gave a reserved ip slot from my modem/router overlay and tried setting the same to "use the following ip address: ... ip adress: same numbers what my modem and cmd says", subnet mask: automatically writes it, default gateway is my modem ip and it's correct I'm sure. I tried using wifi and it was fine, but may still be my luck because this issue starts unexpectedly. sometimes even doesn't appear for a week, then 10 times in 2 days and stuff like that. only ethernet is enabled.

No, I can't format my pc until I buy my razer blade, I'm a musician and I have tons of stuff spreaded to 5 drives in my PC, I won't be able to get everything back in a very, VERY long time so that's not an option for me.

every other device that is connected to modem, even with ethernet, they're all fine. I tried changing my ethernet cable and it's still the same. I tried resetting modem settings, didn't work.

my current ethernet driver name is "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

"Server DNS Adress Could Not Be Found" (something like that) one of the things chrome respond to me when it starts

What should I try?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom