Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It.

V

VSor1

During a routine automatic update done by Microsoft on my Windows 10 version, it failed to install properly. This was the free upgrade from my Windows 7 version that came with my computer. After failing I was blocked from my personal windows user account saying it couldn't sign in to my Microsoft account and thus I was given a "temporary" user account. It no longer had my personal account. Trying all possible ways to fix it, including trying to re-download the updates that failed, as well as using other solutions posted online (like making another personal account, which worked for my sister cause this same problem happened to her not 2 weeks later, though hers' didn't corrupt, which I guess makes the difference), nothing worked. I was then forced to try and use a restore point. This COMPLETELY destroyed my computer! Apparently the combo of failed update and restore point had basically corrupted/de-installed Windows from my computer and now it wouldn't even boot up. After that I had Windows reinstalled, but its the Windows 10 version someone else had because not even a shred of mine was left after it was ruined. Now it says the activation code is wrong. It seems that the product key given with my Windows 7 version can't be entered with Windows 10 installed. Problem is I don't have Windows 7 anymore either. After looking this up it says that for Windows 10 the digital license is linked to my Microsoft account, and that it seems linking up my Microsoft account could resolve this, even with someone else's copy of Windows installed. Though I am really reluctant to allow Microsoft control over my computer anymore, I have tried to follow the steps to link my Microsoft Account back up. But what happens? I get a message saying oops, can't do it there is some problem on our end, please try again. It says this OVER and OVER again. At this point I feel they are mocking me & rubbing salt in my wounds. The only thing I can think of is that my current version appears to not be the free Windows 10 update version, but Windows 10 Pro. But how pray tell do I get that with a computer with no Windows installed at all? And FYI, NO I did not get discs with this computer that could restore Windows 7, like the ones I had with my previous laptop. And please don't chew me out for not having all the bells and whistles that could have mitigated this problem, this is what I could buy with the money I got from my fire insurance after losing everything I owned. Please help I am really really angry and fed up. If this had been a nightmare I personally provoked I would be more at peace with it, but its not. I have already lost so much time, energy, and data from this completely out of the blue event started by a company that I can't even seem to get directly in contact with. Am I just really incapable of finding the right link, or can you only use the so called Virtual Support that is completely useless, and not talk to a REAL person? The Virtual Support box says you can talk to a real person, but doesn't seem to tell you how. Fortunately I still have my laptop as it updated successfully. However 1 out of 3 successful updates (my sister's laptop also permanently lost access to her personal account) is NOT a good score in my book. Any info that might help me get my computer to activate would be a welcome respite. Thanks for anything you might help me with, even if it is only to commiserate, for I have been told that this is an all too common problem (though usually not this severe).

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom