how to remove name of old wifi from my network list

A

ajs007

Hi

I replaced my router with a new router - however the name of the old router is still showing when i click the bottom right Internet Access Icon in Windows (it also appears on my Android mobile?! ... I have tried:

Settings> Networks & Internet> WiFi> Manage Known Networks to try to FORGET that old network name - but it does not appear there. But it appears when I click the bottom right Internet Access Icon. I have also tried to reset using:

Settings> Networks & Internet> Status> Network rest

That did not work.

When you try to connect to this old name and enter its (old) password - I get Unable to connect to this network.

The physical device (the old router, was a NETGEAR router, and has been removed for over a YEAR now!!!)

The new router is custom made for my new ISP (it's a SAGEMCOM brand).

The old name appears with an 'excellent!!' signal strength indicator, even though the device DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

Googled many times - nothing on this problem - all recommend the Windows FORGET approach.

Anyway - what's really strange is that this old network name appears on any device (PC, mobiles, my air-conditioner etc) when you go to the Wi-Fi settings to select a Wi-Fi device to connect to.

So - its obvious - this old device name is stored somewhere that is accessible to more than just Windows 10.

While I can ignore the old name on any device and connect to the name of the new Wi-Fi router - it is very frustrating that I can not get rid/remove the old name.

Has anyone solved this problem.....

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom