Win 10 Themes won't "save"

P

Perry Kincy

Just replaced amother bricked MoBo and am back fighting Msft issues again. Solved this one last June but in the new build it has again reared its ugly head.

A saved Theme will not "save." Yes I know we are not supposed to need a save button but something is overwriting my chosen Theme every time I power off the computer. I am using a custom theme that uses a folder of pictures as a Wallpaper, a blue color and my chosen Windows Mouse pointer. That should be easy right?? However every time I power down the computer it reverts to a stock scheme with a stock background wallpaper and a stock Msft mouse pointer.

Last time is spent a week chasing my tail on this issue I approached it from the loss of the slideshow problem, but I recall the real problem was with the overlying theme. I needed to go somewhere and delete something that was overriding what should have been my successful choice of a custom theme. Now I am signing into the computer normally with my Windows Password, but have also gone into the PC with my user id that uses my Msft password and selected the same custom theme there just incase it was overriding my selection with some kind of "cloud" control. But using the user account I get the same problem. Whatever Theme I build will be saved as a choice but it never comes up correctly on any roboot. Besides a custom Theme I have changed the registry interval to 10000 microseconds to get a 10 second slideshow change. That also has to be redone on every reboot.

TIA, for any help. I expect somebody is chasing this same problem now and likely is about to find a solution.

Continue reading...