Skippy/Jumpy/Stuttering sound during playback of audio/video on Dell Inspiron 1545 running Windows 10.

T

The Selector 10

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with an ongoing issue I have had with my laptop now for a couple of years. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 that came with Windows 7 but I upgraded it to the free Windows 10 Home offer. The spec of the laptop is as follows:

Processor: Celeron Dual-Core CPU T3100 1.90GHz

Ram: 4.00GB

System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Sound: Microsoft High Definition Audio Device

The issue is whenever I play an audio or video file there are skips/stutters/jumps intermittently throughout playback which becomes very irritating. No matter what software I use to play the files the same thing happens. I have even tried plugging in an external speaker and also a Bluetooth speaker hooked up but experience the same issue. I have looked online in the Microsoft Support Community and also in Dells own Support which both offer various assistance such as uninstalling Dell Support Assist and Agent apps, uninstalling the audio driver and reinstalling, I have even done a reinstallation of Windows 10 but the problem is still there. I have googled the issue and seem to find many other users suffering the same fate and trying the options I have explained but to no avail. I am extremely frustrated with this and would really appreciate some help or a final fix on the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone will have a proper solution to the matter.

Al.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom