My list of available networks is empty

• Thread starter ColinReynolds_TechR10
  • Start date
C

ColinReynolds_TechR10

I’m using windows 10 1803 and recently I tried to switch my wireless network and when clicked on wifi icon in the notifications section. There were no available networks being shown. (not even the one that I connected to. I used the troublershooter tool to try and figure out what was wrong. Big mistake, because after all of the steps it took I was no longer connected to the internet. I went to Microsoft community to see if I could find a solution to the problem.

There were a lot of users who were trying find solutions to the same, or similar problem. In almost every case, the moderator pointed the users to a network troubleshooting proceedure (which if you followed it to letter, still wouldn’t solve my problem because it never solves the issue of missing available networks). The proceeder dead-ends with with reinstall your drivers, or replace your network card, which is not the problem, since ALL of the available networks are listed in one of the log files...windows can see them, but doesn’t make them available for selection...clearly a software problem other than drivers.

I was never able to find a solution in the forums, which is shocking since so many people seem to have the issue. Has this problem been seen by your company, and if so, is there a solution?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom