Can no longer game in Windows 10 build 18329 and several builds before. Was hoping for a fix the first couple of builds. Nope, not happening.

B

BrentChitwood

What the heck!? For at least 6 weeks I have not been able to game in Windows 10. Being an Insider is great. I can deal with the occasional set backs due to bugs. Heck, I was half of the pair of Windows Insiders that found the HP BIOS update bug that postponed thousands of Windows 10 users from downloading the Anniversary update. We, the both of us, spent well over 4 months in constant, daily contact with MS software managers working on a fix for this issue. The 2 of us beta tested the new HP BIOS for a week before HP pushed the BIOS update to users so they could install the windows update without bricking their system.

This not being able to game isnt going to work though. I can not go any longer without being able to play any

of my games while in Windows 10. I'd just as well install Windows 7 or 8, or even better, now anyway, Steam OS.

Steam starting a trend with Linux. Now there are distros compiled especially for gaming. Not just Tux Racer and the like. Linux is running AAA games with practically no performance hit. I'd rather not go through that learning curve. The one for learning how to use Linux for gaming, work, and general entertainment. I will though. Especially if it'll take me about as long to learn as it will take for MS to fix these builds on Windows 10 so that we can play again.

Before I go and do something so drastic, even though I have looked for help for this issue for weeks, does anyone have a solution for fixing whatever MS broke?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom