CAN YOU DEPLOY A WAP SERVER IN PASSTHROUGH MODE WITHOUT DEPLOYING ADFS?? (Server 2016 datacenter)

B

BigPlayfromMD

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying to setup a WAP server strictly as a DMZ pass-through for a internal app that does it's authentication locally WITHOUT USING Active Directory, we create local accounts within the application.

So basically I just want my WAP in the DMZ to catch all traffic to a specific URL and send that traffic to a back-end web server that handles authentication locally, so it's non-AD authentication.

When I completed installing the WAP role and open the WAP wizard I can't get past the federation server screen without putting in a ADFS server (see screenshot). Thing is, we don't have one in our environment.

Microsoft documentation implies that you don't need ADFS if you don't need pre-authentication services. Is this not correct? I'm using Server 2016 datacenter.

Please advise if anyone has been successful in using a WAP strictly as a pass-through and any documentation you have to support it. Thankx in advance. 1400680.jpg

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom