Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet

C

ChrisJBarnes

Hello

Have had some issues with my Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop (Windows 10) recently. I installed AVG Tune up which was supposed to speed up my computer.

Subsequently, found that it would rarely boot up properly after the log on screen. When it has rarely done so, I have managed to restore all the changes made by AVG Tune up, uninstall it and then run a defragmentation. This appears to have sped up the laptop slightly and I can now log on and all applications that I have opened that work offline appear to work.

However, I have now noticed that when connected to the internet, no pages load. I do however have another laptop and phone connected to wifi where the internet does work without any problems. It says that the wifi is "connected" and sometimes "No internet" but usually appears to be connected but no pages loading. Sometimes it will load a page very slowly- ie BBC news home page but without images and then cuts off. Spotify and other apps default to "offline" mode.

Any help will be much appreciated- have scoured the web on a different laptop to no avail.

Thanks

Chris

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom