how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

W

WinBoky

I don't want "why?" as response so background first.

I have a PC with ultra fast Pentium 4 3.8Ghz, 4GB of RAM, 60GB IDE HDD as a boot drive and freshly installed Windows 10 PRO (PLEASE don't ask why) which was used only for Power Point presentation. Now it is assigned a new job. Not just presentation, but also real time 480p 29.97fps video capturing which the processor can handle with ease but the Hard disk, It uses old IDE and runs at smooth 10mbps (bits not bytes) that's like 1.2 megabytes per second. so for 480i 29.97 fps capturing, which has bit rate of 8,000,000bps which is 1 megabytes per second so in theory it should work right? NO! because this hard drive is a boot drive and constantly loading stuff so I get choppy and unstable video at the end.

now I happen to have set of 3 4GB USB 2.0 flash memories and the video usually eat up about 6GB after about 1.5 hours of recording per session.

I have 0, ZERO budget to get a new flash drive or get a SSD with SATA to USB convertor because this project is not mine.

Now to the question :

"How can I make a software RAID-0 of 2 (or more) USB flash memory which is removable."

Microsoft's in-house solution (disk management) does not allow me to make a RAID of removable drives so I tried to find a third party software that does this but am I blind I couldn't find one, and bitt flipping or what not to trick removable drives into fixed doesn't work.

I hope that someone knows a great third party software that creates a RAID-0 of whatever drive it'd be the best but, enough babbling.

How do I make a raid-0 of 2 USB flash memories?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom