MOV Thumbnails don't show

D

DerCribben

I can\t see any thumbnails for MOV files on my computer, I have Quicktime player installed and I have followed the below instructions posted by a mod in an earlier version of this question from another user. Neither of these things helped. Is there any other advice on how to make Windows 10 show a thumbnail of these files?

Quote from "Ferdz Amp":

"You can recreate thumbnail cache by using Command prompt. Kindly follow these steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
  2. Search for Command Prompt.
  3. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
  4. Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
  5. Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db

6. Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter:

start explorer.exe

7. Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you create a new user with administrator privileges and check if the issue is resolved. Refer to this support article for the steps on how to: Set up accounts.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the issue is specific to a corrupted user profile.

Let us know how it goes."

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom