possible Windows driver confliction

G

Grinmore

Thanks in advance anyone who happens upon this post.

Specs:

MOBO: GIGABYTE z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1.0 (Bios f9e)

CPU:I7-7700k 4.2ghz

GPU:Nvidia ASUS Strix 1070

Monitor: Asus vgq248e 144hz

PSU:Corsair 750w

RAM: corsair vengeance 3200mhz DDR4

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo

HDD: WD blue

Mouse: Zowie EC-1B (DOES NOT USE EXTERNAL DRIVERS)

KB: Corsair K70

I have had an issue with my mouse for almost 7 years now. In that time I've tried almost every single method I could find to try and fix it with yet no luck.

The problem itself is that my mouse movement on desktop or in game doesnt feel right. With that being said Ive tested the mouse on other machines with no problems and I know exactly what a functioning mouse is supposed to be feel like.

The mouse movement and the cursor itself feel accelerated, imprecise, jittery and it constantly feels like I am fighting the input of the mouse. its gotten so bad that I get frustrated even trying to click on things on my desktop.

I have swapped each and every single piece of my rig with no luck, I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows countless times.

Recently I payed close attention to a reinstall of windows 10, I let the computer sit with absolutely nothing but stock drivers and a single Nvidia graphics driver found by windows.

Testing the mouse in game was flawless, it worked as it should have, as I started to reinstall programs and apps ( Steam, chrome) all was fine until I restarted.

When I started the pc from a cold boot and moved the mouse around it again felt sloppy and inaccurate. this leads me to believe that either:

Windows is changing drivers manually to something outdated

or

there is a confliction between the drivers somewhere.

any and all help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, this problem has plagued me and my PC gaming experience for nearly a decade.

All questions will be answered and any further information will be provided upon request.

This issue is difficult to explain but I am aware there are countless people out there with something along the same lines.

Thank you again for any and all assistance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom