Touch PC Setup Wizard - How to set multiple monitors with at least one touchscreen

D

deltagreen

Hi there,

First time question here, so thanks in advance for any suggestion..

I've recently purchased a 21" touchscreen monitor in addition to a 21:9 3440x1440p 34" LG monitor and a 16:10 3840x2160p 55" TV screen that were already hooked up to my system. The touchscreen has a HDMI input aswell as usb-c for power supply and touch support..

If the touchscreen is set as primary monitor it will work fine, auto calibrate and work as intended..

If another monitor is set as primary monitor, the touch input from the touchscreen monitor will be registered on the said primary monitor instead of the touchscreen..

Now the problem is: I know that the touchscreen setup is set under Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Tablet PC Settings > Setup > Select Pen or Touch > Configuration wizard is supposed to appear but nothing happens..

This did never work until a recent Windows 10 1803 update - at that point i tried the setup button again and all three monitors went gray and i was able to hit enter until i saw the message prompt on the right screen and taped it - all done, the touchscreen was now set as secondary monitor and touch input was registered on the right screen..

A few days ago i installed the 1809 update and again the touch input from my touchscreen is registered on the wrong screen (primary screen) aswell as the touchscreen setup button that is not working anymore (as said it worked only once) and i can't setup the touchscreen on the right monitor..

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the touchscreen drivers with device manager - restarting the pc every time - Windows update (none available)- with and without the touchscreen monitor attached - reattached - all in any possible order and combination - but to no avail..

One strange thing i saw is that instead of only one, two entries in device manager for 'HID compliant touch screen' are present, only one is working.. The one not working is being reinstalled automatically after reboot.. The other one is reinstalled automatically when the touchscreen monitor is hooked.. In both cases the touchscreen setup wizard is not launching.. Calibrating is not an issue, the wizard works fine but since the touchscreen obviously auto calibrates on whatever monitor is set as primary the registered input still shows on the wrong screen..

I think there's simply an issue with the 'Configure touch display' setup wizard.. Do you think this is a known issue (couldn't find anything on this by googling) is there a way to re-enable or to reset that wizard..?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and thoughts, any help is highly appreciated..

Sincerely,

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom