Windows Calculator stopped working after application update through Windows Store

S

ShaunTowers

I've had issues with a computer where Calculator crashes as soon as it opens. I've had this issue with one computer where I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling all the Windows 10 default apps using powershell. This computer was not corrected using the same method.

This is on Windows 10 build1803.

Event Viewer shows critical error:

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

Opening the application error it provides:

Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version: 10.1812.1901.4008, time stamp: 0x5c304989
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.376, time stamp: 0x35659a8d
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000006a56b2
Faulting process id: 0x2470
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ceb9b5dba920

I have reset the app through Settings > Apps > Calculator > Advanced Options > Reset

I have reset the Windows Store using the WSreset.exe
The application opens just fine on other local and domain profiles (even new profiles built).

I have deleted and rebuilt the user profile where the issue occurs, and the issue persists.
I have tried all the previous corrections with reboots after each, I have ran the Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter.
I have even tried manually replacing the Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder in the user's profile at the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\ location (obviously with <username> replaced by the actual user profile name).

I have become extremely frustrated by the issue, but will end the post here to avoid getting nasty about the plethora of issues that Microsoft seems to cause with "updates" to their systems and applications.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom