New PC Clock_WatchDog_Timeout and random Freezes

R

Roseymans

Hi all

I bought and built a custom PC about 3 days ago: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Asus Strix Radeon Rx 590, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ml240r rgb cooler, Cooler Master mwe 650w bronze 80+, Firecuda 1tb 3.5" SSHD and Samsung 860pro 512gb (installed OS on this drive).

My issue is that since building my PC it's had a world of problems that I've worked through, the few that remain stop me from using it for the purpose I built it, which is primarily gaming. Randomly and without warning the PC will freeze the screen of what ever I was doing, the PC doesn't make additional noise (fans etc), but if I have my speakers on, the sound it was producing will keep that tone and repeat indefinitely. I have to manually restart it when this happens.

The other helpful information I have is that it will sometimes BSoD and read a "Clock_WatchDogs_Timeout" error, and while I am certain that it is software and not hardware, I can't find a solution. I've tried everything like updating all available drivers, or uninstalling all of them and re-installing them, windows defender virus check, sfc /scannow.

With a lot of these methods it takes a lot of attempts as my PC will freeze before I can complete it.

I've also had BSoD's with other errors like "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

It has also been downloading Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 for 2 days now.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom