No driver for network adapter for Windows 2016 available

Z

zydjohn

Hello:

I want to build a DIY PC with an ASUS ROG Strix Z270I Gaming Motherboard and 32GB DDR4 RAM and 2TB SSD, I tried to install Windows 2016 Datacenter server with desktop experience. The information about ASUS ROG Strix Z270I Gaming Motherboard can be found here:

ASUS USA

The installation went rather well, but until the server is up and running I found the issue, there is no network driver available for the network adapter on the motherboard.

I have tried to download the only one network adapter from the manufacture’s web site:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/lan/Intel_LAN_driver_211300.zip

However, this driver is not working in Windows 2016 Datacenter server, the driver is for Windows 10. I have tried the following: look at the device manager about the network adapter, I got the information about network controller is:

Device type: Network adapters

Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.

Device status: Reinstall the drivers for this device. (Code 18)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

If I click “Reinstall Driver …” and let OS to search my the USB key, where I downloaded the network adapter for Windows 10. I got the error message: Windows was unable to install your Network Controller.

Please advice what I should do to install driver for network adapter.

Or, if not possible, can I install other network adapter on the motherboard, so I can use another network adapter; the motherboard comes with some WiFi device, but I don’t like this, since my WiFi is not stable, it is on and off all the time; but the wired network is very stable, for more than one year, it has down time less than 4 hours.

Please help,

Thanks,

John

Continue reading...