Unable to type numbers, Shift key seems to be the issue, num keypad does not work

O

Olivialy

My keyboard is facing some weird issues since a few months back;

I have seen on this page afew users having the exact same issue as me..It seems like the Shift key is pressed down as seen on my On-Screen keyboard.

1. Unable to type numbers with the top row of the keyboard, it is showing symbols instead.

2. Num keypad does not work.

3. Google chrome is opening a new link in a new window everytime this issue happen.

4. Clicking on a desktop icon would select several icons, It is like the shift key acting like it's being pressed.

5. Caps lock button is reversed. With Caps lock, it is typing small letters and vice versa.

6. Taskbar icons would open a new window when this issue occur.

All this issues are intermittent. It comes at random times. When this issues are not happening, my laptop is working perfectly fine as per normal.

I have tried using an external keyboard but it is having the same issue so it is not a hardware problem. Also tried to reformat my laptop but still the same. I have googled around and saw some people having the same problems. My sticky keys and filter keys are all disabled so it is not due to this. Now I am not sure is it due to the Windows 10 update (?) since many users are facing this issue as well.

Anyone can help?! Please...

:'(

Continue reading...