HP gaming laptop suddenly slow, used to be quick

B

Behbo

Specs

HP OMEN 15 DC0XXX

Intel I7 8750-H @2.20GHz

16 GB Ram

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060

My HP laptop is suddenly slow. It's only just over 5 months old and it suddenly got super, SUPER slow and acted strange. I've never dropped it or spilled water on the laptop. It's a gaming laptop, and now playing any game works, but i can never ever reach 60fps on even the lowest settings of any games and I . I have checked if there's any malware/viruses by scanning 700000+ files came up. I have seen task manager, and apps are using much more CPU energy then they should be. Also, when i say "it acts weird", I mean that it randomly reboots without warning sometimes and I can't use 2.4 GHz Wi Fi suddenly. The GPU seems fine though. I have checked every website's forums and nobody had the same issue as me. It's also completely up to date with the latest Windows and HP updates. I did every single troubleshooter i could find. I re-downloaded some drivers. So I did what most people would do after trying to figure out - reboot the entire computer. BUT IT'S STILL SO SLOW!?!?!?! Please Microsoft Staff and community, help me as my laptop is still very new. And read the question thoroughly, I've seen many Microsoft staff members not reading the question and just putting down the simplest things anybody would've already done.

Stuff wrong with my laptop:

-2.4 GHz wifi suddenly doesn't work, but 5 GHz works fine

-moving stuff around the Start Menu takes 5 seconds to grab

-takes twice the time to open a search page or load something (even when im super close to 5 GHz Wi Fi), both on Chrome or Edge

-everything else is 1.5x slower

-can't right click on desktop

-can't open NVIDIA control panel even through Control Panel

-random reboots

-75 GB of corrupted files that i cant delete no matter what

-(and) that 75 GB is all Microsoft Store apps I can't access (I've tried wsreset)

-Windows Defender doesn't identify anything going on!

Please Help.

Continue reading...