WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.

A

Andrew KA

Hi All, - PC SPECS AT BOTTOM

This is a long story, I have been having BSOD crashes constantly with my PC that is now 3 Years old. These crashes have so far been quite random and have some certain traits that are noticeable before the crash. I have come here as sort of my last resort, this has been happening for about 2 Months now. Originally I had taken this to Stardot Technology, as it is close to where I live and is also how I had the PC built, but after 3 weeks they couldn't seem to fix the crashing. Here is a list of what they did to attempt a fix;

- Tested HDD and Ram - No fault found

- Checked Temps for CPU and GPU - both have low temps

- HDD Activity is fine

- CPU Usage is fine

- FPS drops occurring during game-play, but happening at random intervals. Assessed mini dump file and found video card or antivirus the issue. Uninstalled antivirus and removed video card drivers, re-installed video card drivers FPS drop still happening.

- Formatted SSD. Windows 10 Installed, Drivers and updates done.

And that was all stardot tech support could do, unfortunately, the crashes pursed after the fresh re-install of windows. To describe what is happening, the fps during gameplay will at times randomly hit a stutter/freeze, and in the event that it doesn't full lock up and freeze (BSOD, but just a black screen followed by full PC restart) the fps will drop to about 10% of its normal (csgo - 250fps avg, 30fps issue). This is not just tied to 1 Game either, this will happen across any game, for example WarThunder, Total War: War-hammer 2, CSGO, Insurgency Sandstorm and Company of Heroes 2. I do not play on very high settings in case you might think that is the cause, medium on all of the listed games. I have attempted to reinstall drivers for nearly everything, Device Manager, Nvidia, realtek, but the issue still persists. I have run certain commands such as troubleshooting from the start up which said it couldn't find the issue, and sfc/scannow which returned no results for problems.

I have also had the PC crash when using things such as YouTube, Facebook, Discord, Steam and just sitting at the desktop with nothing open. Every Crash has been a BSOD, that was just a straight Freeze of the screen with the PC restarting completely.

At this current point I believe it to be the graphics card hardware failing, but I would like to be 100% sure before forking out a ridiculous amount of money for a new card (still a uni student). So any advice on how to fix this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Below are some of the crash reports that I have noticed, I'm not the most tech savy person so if there is another thing I can use to get info let me know.

Event Viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8007814a380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0d13b00d-b262-407d-8695-e4835191f48e.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have linked a OneDrive folder with screenshots of bluescreenviewer, MSI Afterburner and the MiniDump.dmp and Memory.dmp files, I hope that this is enough for people to see some sort of pattern or issue!

OneDrive:

PC CRASH REPORTS

PC SPECS

• i7 -6700 Processor 3.4GHZ
  • MSI B150M Mortar LGA 1151
  • Kingston HX426C15FBK2/16 (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
  • Kingston SSD 240GB SATA3
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Cougar 650W ATX 80+ Power Supply
  • ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Turbo OC

Should you require anything else/if the link doesn't work, please let me know as I am at the boiling point with this issue!!

MANY THANKS TO PEOPLE WHO HELP OUT!

Continue reading...